Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 7: Yippeee Hooray!

She looks pretty happy, don't you think?
I'm kind of excited. I spent a while today--maybe an hour or two--crafting an email to one the top places I'd love to see printed piddix collage sheets, The Shoppe at Somerset. I figure I might as well start at the top of my list and see what happens. Plus, I'm hoping that contacting people will get easier and less time consuming as I go. I hit send at 12:34 pm and about three hours later had a response. Yea!

Okay, so the response was another "we may consider some; we'll get back to you," type email. But kuddos for their awesome response time and super-nice email. Perhaps I'm easily impressed, but the fact that people are taking time out of their busy schedule to get back to me with timely, thoughtful emails makes me very happy. No big home-runs yet, but also no big meanie monsters yet either (knock on wood).

Random tip of the day: while writing my email pitch today I sometimes got stuck on a random word or phrase. Like, how do you kindly say "call me!" without being too pushy or how should I end the letter? So I borrowed some language from Indie Retail Academy's Retail Cat-Nip collection. While I didn't use too much from their email templates, just looking at someone else's examples was helpful to know if I was on the right track.

For more information on what I'm doing and why, click here to read all about my attempts to receive 100 rejections in 100 days. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for introducing me to this resource.