Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 6: My First Real Response

This is why I'm doing this challenge. Because it's 2:26 am. And I'm sleepy. And at the moment I'd much rather be in bed dreaming of the day when my two boys actually sleep through the night. But instead I'm looking for an image I've scanned to convey to you just how sleepy I am (it's French, of course) and thinking of who would be best to pitch to today.

The great news is I received my very first actual response from someone I don't know. I sent in designs to Somerset Digital at 2:26 am last night (are you sensing a trend?) and the editor got back to me just seven hours later. That's impressive! And while she didn't call me to say they're holding the presses on the next issue and want to feature me on the front cover, it was in many ways the perfect "thanks, we'll let you know" note: quickly sent, complimentary, customized, and informative. So if you've been dragging your feet on submitting to magazines, the whole lot over at Somerset is a great place to start. You can see their special calls and challenges and deadlines here. Let me know if you send in anything.

No comments: