Sunday, March 3, 2013

Day 98: Deadlines Looming

Deadlines are very good motivators for me, because yesterday, instead of postponing a phone call until next week when I might have some babysitting help, I put the little one in his happy little playpen, dialed up my #1 distributor choice, and hoped I could make it through a conversation without anyone (dog, baby, me) having a meltdown. Success!

I was also once again reminded that sometimes, it's not me, it's you. Or at least, it's not that someone isn't getting back to me because they hate hate hate me and every time they see my number come up on their caller ID they cringe. More likely, they're just people who are just as busy (if not more-so) than I am, or sometimes a response is complicated enough that it takes extra time.

Everything is still up in the air as far as distributor #1 goes, but I think I'm starting to come around to a comfort level whichever way it goes. They are still, undeniably, my first choice. But I've done absolutely everything in my power I can do. And if it doesn't work, it will be because it's not a good fit or good timing for them, not because they don't like my work.

ps--the cute little Shasta trailer up there is from my life-list that I worked on today. Isn't she adorable?

No comments: