Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 83: In Good Company

Where Camp Mighty Happens. Image from Mighty Girl.
I woke up this morning to an email from Camp Mighty that gave me goosebumps. Immediately an image of me leading a seminar popped into my head. I started planning what I'd say if I spoke there. I thought of all the women sitting around tables with dreams and ideas, but without a 100% clear path to achieve them. I designed small group exercises in my mind, and made my phantom students post to Facebook and their blogs their intentions so they'd have a public support system in place to turn their dreams into reality.

And then I checked out the real speakers from 2012 and 2012. And gulped. It's the founder of pinterest, and the co-producer from the Oprah Winfrey Show, and some "Top 10 CNN hero of 2011" for goodness sake!

But I put together an email anyway and sent if off to the organizers to see if I could speak at Camp Mighty. A year ago my ideas would never have left my brain and made it into an email. But over the past 83+ days, I've grown more comfortable with the ideas of both rejection and success and I've love to pay a bit of that enthusiasm forward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you heading up a seminar at that gorgeous venue - now I have goosebumps! Pennie