Monday, February 4, 2013

Day 76: Take it to the Bank

I got my first check in the mail today from a new order, which is very, very exciting. Both of the new companies I'm selling to asked if they could pay "net-30," which basically means I get a check 30 days after I ship them their collage sheets. Normally I only do this on established accounts, but both new companies are large enough that I figured I'd go ahead and say yes and see what happens. Net-30 can be a pain not-so-much in the waiting, but rather in the follow-up. If, for example, it's been 40 or 50 days and I still haven't received a check, I really hate the whole tracking down, re-sending, notification process that has to happen. So you can see why I'm extra excited that a check came early without me having to do any reminding. Yea for great accounting departments!

No comments: