Sunday, January 27, 2013

Day 71: The Waiting Place

The Waiting Place, by Dr. Seuss. From here.
I've been reading Dr. Seuss' Oh The Places You'll Go to my six year old lately, and every time I get to the part about "the most useless place. The Waiting Place," it makes me uncomfortable:

...for people just waiting.
Waiting for a train to go 
or a bus to come, or a plane to go
or the mail to come, or the rain to go
or the phone to ring, or the snow to snow
or waiting around for a Yes or a No
or waiting for their hair to grow.
Everyone is just waiting. 

I fear I may be here, in the horrible Waiting Place. I've finished with almost all of my CHA follow-up (yea), at least most of what I can do from my end. I've sent off my emails and my sample packets. I've made calls and more emails. I've even written up tutorials and made a movie. And now....I'm waiting. Sitting around waiting for people to get back to me. While it hasn't been long enough for me to pester people yet with more emails and phone calls, I'm sure there's more I can do in the mean time; I'm just not super-motivated yet.

I feel kind of like a car fueled by inspiration. Every time I get something positive--an order, a nice email, a great connection--I have fuel for another week or two of hitting the pavement. But then I start to run out of fuel. I suppose I'm hoping for a bit of inspiration next week from one of my new connections to help me further on my way.

No comments: