Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Day 40: Getting Linked Up

The engraving above is supposed to illustrate my linked-in network. Eh, or maybe just a nice party.
Today was another great day business-wise. I spoke with a distributor who I think will be a really good fit for a lot of my wholesale customers. They'd be able to offer some flexibility that I can't, like very small minimum orders. There's still plenty of work to be done, but I'm hopeful that something might work out.

I also tracked down a couple of buyers via linked-in, and as long as I was there I decided it was finally time to create a profile and add a picture. I discovered that at least one of my regular store contacts has a new gig elsewhere (and thus why she wasn't responding to my emails). It was also a lot of fun tracking down long-lost co-workers and friends and seeing what they're up to.

Other than that, I feel like I'm in a bit of a holding pattern while people review my submissions and get ready for the holidays. I'm sure there's lots I should be doing, but for the moment I'll leave the next big project until tomorrow.

No comments: