Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day 37: Do You See What I See?

I had a dream last night that I was on the very last day of my 100-day quest and got to write up everything that happened. It was a great list and included a number of new stores that signed on to carry piddix collage sheets. So all day long, any time I thought of contacting a store, instead of the usual feeling of dread, I had a feeling of elation. In my mind I had already accomplished it. I knew for certain people would sign up so it felt much easier to get through the tasks necessary to reach the end.

I'm not sure if I fully embrace the idea of positive visualization. In fact, when looking for more information on it for this post I came across some interesting research that says picturing a positive outcome actually makes you more likely to fail. But imagining being at the end of this race having reached various goals did--at least momentarily--feel pretty awesome.

No comments: