Thursday, January 24, 2013

Day 68: Two Rejections!

This is the "before." Can't wait to show off the "after."
I only have one month left in my 100-day-quest, and lots of rejections still to get. So excuse me if I'm a little excited that I got TWO today. They were both from the same place, but that counts, right? I submitted my Ice Resin tutorial and review video to craftgawker (three times before finally being accepted!). Craftgawker is great for a couple of reasons: it's a good place to be "discovered" by larger blogs, they get back to you quickly and tell you the reason they didn't accept your submission so you can work on getting better, and they are very specific about what they're looking for. The also run foodgawker, which has a great list of how to improve you photographs (scroll down just a little from here).

I also sent in a before/after organizational post to Design*Sponge. I've sent stuff in to them before, and like Craftgawker, I appreciate how quickly they get back to me. It might seem like a small thing, but many blogs never respond to submissions, so I always appreciate the ones that do.

One thing I really need to work on (or hire someone else to do) is my photography. From now on I think I need to schedule all my tutorial and product shots for August, since trying to find any decent light in Portland in January is just about impossible.

No comments: