Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 61: First Day at CHA

Crazy-cool necklace by Susan Lenart Kazmer via flickr.
Today I met Judi of Judikins, Susan of Susan Lenart Kazmer, and the founder of Blue Moon Beads (yes, THAT Blue Moon Beads) who gave me her cell phone number and email and told me to call if I ever had any questions about running piddix. I was a bit star stuck and completely floored by everyone's kindness. Normally at tradeshows, people who have booths are there to sell their products. So if I need to connect with them for any reason, I try to keep it as short as possible to not compete with paying customers. But for some reason, this year everyone seems to have time to talk with me and interest in keeping the conversation going. I hope it's not a sign of the bad economy that people had time to connect, but rather just lucky timing and amazingly generous women. There's another dozen connections I made today with equally incredible people that I'll have to save for another CHA post. Right now, off to bed and up early for my last day here.

No comments: