Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Day 58: Christmas 2014

One of the funny things about licensing is you're often working on artwork at least 12-18 months before the product actually debuts. And somehow it seems like I'm always working on something for Christmas. Today was spent mocking up all kinds of Christmas products like plates, platters, and bowls. Normally this is not one of my favorite parts of my job. I just want to hand over the artwork, not necessarily show exactly how it's going to look on pillows or shower curtains. Can't you just squint a bit and imagine how it will look? But today it was totally fun. I just kept thinking of more and more products to put my happy santas on. What about a soap dispenser? How about a two-tiered cookie platter?

Alas, some of my ideas will have to wait until next time. It's time to cut off design and other products and really focus on CHA. I can't believe I leave Friday and I still have so much to do. Goodbye Santas for now. See you next week.

No comments: