Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Day 33: Perception vs Reality

Okay, okay, I'm off the sorry-for-myself train. Thank you so much for all the kind notes and tweets today. I even received a super-nice note from one of the stores that I sent a sample package to. Ornamentea looks like pretty much the best bead/jewelry/mixed media store ever. I have a client who drives FOUR hours just to visit them and I can see why.

Now I just need to find the time to make follow-up calls.

I always feel like this is the type of image my voice-mail should present:

"Hi, you've reached Corinna Buchholz, president and founder of piddix. I'm either on the other line or have stepped away from my desk. Please leave me a detailed message and either I or a member of my staff will get back to you as soon as possible."

But the reality is more like this:

"Hi, you've reached Corinna's cell. I'm probably off at a playgound with my kids. Please leave your info and I'll try to get back to you as soon as I can get the youngest in the Johnny Jump-Up and the eldest either watching PBS or drawing. Since the likelihood of both of these occurring at the same time is very low, I'll most likely respond via email during my regular office hours of 10pm to 2am. Thank you! You rock. Seriously. Thanks for calling."

No comments: