Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Paper and Ink

Did you miss me? Well, no, you probably didn't. But just in case I'll tell you what has kept me hiding away at my computer for the past two months. My new project involves:
  • 60 custom collage sheets
  • Quotes from 8 printers
  • 20 paper samples
  • Packaging design
  • 23 versions of new layouts
  • Dipping prototypes in glue, water, resins and anything else to otherwise destroy them
And a total lack of sleep while figuring everything out. I don't think I've gone to bed before 2 am once this month. I have such a love/hate relationship with new projects. They can have a huge learning curve, which in many ways I love, but can also be so frustrating at times while I try to figure out the perfect answer.

And no, I haven't told you exactly what I've been up to. I will save that announcement for when I actually deliver the new product to stores. But I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Check back in a couple of weeks to see how everything turned out.

In the mean time, here's a sneak peek at some of the images from a new Steampunk collage sheet I have been playing around with. Enjoy!

No comments: