Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Dec 16th: Do Sales Cause More Sales on Etsy?


https://www.etsy.com/listing/51552358/valentine-download-vintage-valentines?ref=shop_home_active_8&ga_search_query=valentine
Ha! Remember yesterday when I thought I’d have a sales bump after the piddix newsletter? Nope. $4 all day.

In theory, part of search relevancy is how much an item sells, so after sending out my newsletter yesterday (and thus getting several sales) piddix collage sheets were trending slightly better in search. Normally, I have two sheets in the first 50 pages of “collage sheets,” while for most of yesterday and today I’ve had 4-5. My eventual goal is to have at least one item on every page of that search.

But the small search bump definitely did not bring in more sales. Back to the drawing board.

Day 16 - December 16th
Etsy Sales: $4
Etsy Views: 352 (way up due to newsletter)

No comments: